Thursday, March 3, 2011

Let There Be Light!

I can see!  Somewhat!  A little!
OK, it's exciting to me.  It's kind of like looking through a stained glass window during a rainstorm.  Whatever I'm looking at with my left eye has to be backlit, and I can't read text on the screen with that eye, but it's a start.  It's only been a couple of days, and the blood pooled on my retina is starting to recede, meaning that for now, there's no leaking from the abnormal blood vessels.  Over the next week, theoretically, the blood should dissipate, and my vision should return to almost what it was before all this started!  Even if it's only temporary, this is great news, because it seems to indicate that there is an effective treatment for me that could work over the long term!

Enough about my health issues... I know that anybody who is actually reading this blog is here to find out more about my books.  Well, there hasn't been much progress to report.  The Kickstarter fundraising project is creeping along, picking up $20 here, $50 there, but I'm hoping the pace will pick up soon.  A flurry of positive activity will get me noticed by the folks who run the website, and will also push my project higher up into the "popular" listings, maybe even to the front page of the popular listings.  Main page placement is probably too much to hope for, but with enough activity even that could happen!  And the further up I am in the listings, the more people will see my project, and with any luck, I'll meet my goal well before the funding deadline!

So if you're waiting to pledge, don't! Your credit card will not be charged until after the end of the funding period, April 8th, and the more activity I get, the better my ranking and the more people will notice my work! So if you're planning on buying the book, pledge now and get your pre-order in!

No comments:

Post a Comment