Friday, February 25, 2011

Kickstarter update, health update, and final cover art!

The Kickstarter fund raising is going well, but slowly.  I really need to have a couple of every good days in there to get the ball rolling toward meeting my $1200 goal!  I've changed the top two tiers of available backing, so be sure to check out the Kickstarter page for updates, and don't forget to donate!  Remember, at the $18 level, it's essentially a discounted pre-order of the paperback book, with free shipping!

A quick health update.  I've mentioned my vision problems before, both on my website and on the Kickstarter page.  Well, I'm essentially blind in my left eye at the moment.  All I have left is a thin band of peripheral vision.  However, my doctor has come up with a treatment that may alleviate the problem, at least temporarily.  It involves an injection of a chemotherapy drug directly into my eye.  This doesn't really thrill me, but I'm hoping it will bring back at least partial vision.  I have the injection this coming Tuesday, and I should know by the end of the week whether it worked.

And an update on the ongoing process of putting The Door to Canellin together.  I got the completed artwork from Barnaby, and it is spectacular!  The cover of this book is going to look amazing!  I only hope the interiors can justify the amazing job Barnaby did on the cover!  All in all, The Door to Canellin is shaping up better than I could have possibly hoped!

Don't forget to check out my Kickstarter page.  A lot is riding on meeting that funding goal!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/301373006/help-publish-the-door-to-canellin

No comments:

Post a Comment