Sunday, July 3, 2011

Piers Anthony reviews The Door to Canellin!!

I've been bursting at the seams to spread this news, but I felt I should hold off until it was officially posted.  And as of today, it's officially posted!

I got a good review from best-selling author Piers Anthony, author of the Xanth series and the Incarnations of Immortality!

First, let me tell you how this came about.  I've been a huge fan of Piers Anthony my entire life.  His books were a big influence on my writing and storytelling style.  When I decided to publish The Door to Canellin, I decided that I wanted to send Piers Anthony a limited edition hardcover copy.  I didn't expect him to read it, but I really wanted to make that gift to him.  To me, just the idea that he would have it on his personal bookshelf meant a lot to me.  So, I e-mailed him asking if he would accept the gift.  He graciously accepted, although he cautioned me that he might not read the book.  I was ecstatic just that he'd have it!

Shortly after I sent the book, I received another e-mail.  Piers had decided that he would read The Door to Canellin after all, and that he'd let me know what he thought of it when he finished.  I was blown away!  I hadn't dared hope he'd actually read it, much less that he would provide feedback!

Well, he provided more than feedback, he provided a full review for his monthly newsletter!

So thank you, Piers Anthony!  You've made this author's day, week, month, and year!  You're a fine author, and your support of the indie publishing community is inspiring!

Here's a little bit of what Piers Anthony had to say about The Door to Canellin:

"...an original story, well written and reasonably compelling... There are powerful forces gathering to conquer the kingdom, loyal friends, dangerous spies... I enjoyed the novel and believe others will too."


Check out the full review here!  http://hipiers.com/newsletter.html

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the review!! That's very cool that he reviewed your book.

    ReplyDelete