Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A personal note

A note outside of writing for today.  I just spent the past three days in Indianapolis.  My older sister had open heart surgery on Monday to repair a birth defect that was only recently diagnosed.  They treated her at Riley's Children's Hospital, because they're the folks that know and understand this condition... apparently, less than 1% of 1% of people with this defect live to adulthood without surgery.

The surgery went well, and the prognosis is good. She is in good spirits and recovering well.  And while I'm not the type to get emotional, or at least not to show it, you can't imagine my relief.  I don't think I've ever been more terrified in my life than I was yesterday while she was in surgery.

So this is my post thanking whatever powers may control this universe.  Thank you for helping my sister get through this.  Thank you for helping my whole family get through it.

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful news. Your relief must be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete